Week 7 - Career and Community

 10 - 14 August 2026

During Week 7, alongside my responsibilities as an educator, I continued to strengthen my involvement in community-based activities. This week provided an opportunity for me to reflect on the relationship between my professional career and community engagement, and how both elements complement one another in fulfilling the broader role of an educator.

Apart from being actively engaged in my teaching responsibilities, I strongly believe that educators should maintain a meaningful connection with the community they serve. This principle was introduced to me during the MARA On Boarding (MOB) programme when I first joined MARA as a new employee. Through this programme, I learned that a MARA educator is not only responsible for developing students academically but is also expected to contribute positively to society. Guided by this philosophy, I have continued to cultivate strong community relationships throughout my professional journey.

One of the community activities in which I am actively involved is the delivery of religious study sessions after Maghrib prayers with members of the local community and students of MRSM Tun Ghafar Baba (TGB). These sessions are scheduled for every Tuesday during the first and third weeks of each month. Through these engagements, I am able to share Islamic knowledge, strengthen relationships with community members, and contribute towards the spiritual development of both students and the local congregation.

The values of community engagement are also continuously instilled in the students of TVETMARA Jasin. While formal learning remains an important component of their education, students are also encouraged to engage in activities that involve interaction with the wider community. Such experiences play an important role in developing their interpersonal skills, social awareness, and sense of responsibility towards others.

From the perspective of Islamic Studies, community engagement is closely connected to the objectives of the subject. Every course syllabus incorporates specific values and moral principles that students are encouraged to practise in their daily lives. Furthermore, Islam places significant emphasis on brotherhood, mutual assistance, compassion, and harmonious coexistence within society. Therefore, community involvement serves as a practical platform for students to apply the values learned in the classroom and translate them into meaningful actions that benefit others.

Overall, this week reinforced my understanding that education extends beyond classroom instruction. As an educator, I have a responsibility not only to impart knowledge but also to nurture students who are socially responsible, community-oriented, and capable of contributing positively to society. My involvement in community activities continues to strengthen my personal and professional development while providing an avenue to embody the values promoted through Islamic education.

Week 7 Reflection

This week taught me that the role of an educator extends far beyond teaching academic content. Meaningful education occurs when knowledge is connected with real-life experiences and community engagement. My involvement in religious and community activities has strengthened my appreciation of the importance of social responsibility, leadership, and service to others. It has also reaffirmed my belief that Islamic education should not be confined to the classroom but should be reflected through actions and contributions that benefit the wider community. Through these experiences, I continue to develop as an educator who strives to balance professional responsibilities with meaningful community service.





"Memories from my days at MOB"








Ulasan